Mudjacking was invented back in the 1930s. That’s close to 100 years ago. Here are the main differences between concrete leveling foam and mudjacking.
- The mudjacking slurry is heavier than leveling foam – Mudjacking uses a combination of sand, cement, and other natural materials to create a mixture called a slurry. This slurry is very heavy, weighing about 100 pounds per cubic foot. Concrete leveling foam only weighs about 2.5 to 4 pounds per cubic foot, making it lighter and more effective than the mudjacking slurry.
- Mudjacking is messy and requires more equipment – Mudjacking involves hundreds of pounds of slurry. All that sand and cement needs heavy machinery to carry and pump under your slab. If that slurry accidentally spills everywhere, you’ll have a huge mess on your hands.
- Mudjacking can damage your concrete – Unlike concrete leveling foam, which only requires dime-sized injection holes, mudjacking needs 2-inch holes to pump the slurry. These holes can crack your concrete slab, even allowing roots to grow through them.
- The mudjacking slurry is not waterproof like leveling foam – Concrete leveling foam is what experts call “hydrophobic.” This means that it won’t move or lose its structural integrity when it comes in contact with water. On the other hand, the mudjacking slurry will wash away if it comes in contact with water, allowing your slab to sink again.
- Concrete leveling foam is fast and lasts longer – Once the concrete leveling foam is injected under your slab, it only takes a few minutes before the foam hardens. Mudjacking takes more time and only lasts 2 to 5 years before the slab sinks again. Compare that to concrete leveling foam which can last indefinitely.
CONCRETE LIFTING NEAR ME
Pinnacle Concrete Solutions (Concrete Lifting Near Me) are your local experts for all your lifting, leveling and concrete repair needs in Connecticut and surrounding states. Concrete slabs that are cracked, sunken or uneven can be both dangerous and a liability on your property. If you’re looking to avoid safety hazards and restore the curb appeal of your sidewalk, driveway, pool deck, parking lot or any other concrete surface, the experienced technicians at Pinnacle Concrete Solutions can help.
As your regional Foam concrete lifting company, we have the experience, expertise and equipment to level your sunken concrete and return it back to a safe, stable position. Don’t hesitate to call us or contact us online to schedule an on-site inspection your free cost estimate in Connecticut or an area nearby.