Concrete leveling foam is a unique polyurethane material that’s pumped underneath your sinking concrete slab, sidewalk, driveway, or patio. Concrete is a very heavy material, and if the soil underneath your slab is not strong enough to support the weight, it will just sink into the ground. Injecting concrete leveling foam underneath your sunken slab will lift up your concrete, giving it a stronger foundation to rest on.
The process goes by a few names, such as polyjacking, concrete lifting, slab jacking, foam jacking, foam lifting, and more. But, they all mean and accomplish the same thing. Here’s how simple the process is.
- Dime-sized holes are drilled into your concrete slab, sidewalk, driveway, or patio.
- The leveling foam is injected into the holes until it fills the entire void beneath your concrete.
- In just a few minutes, the polyurethane foam will expand, harden, and lift up your slab.
Why Is Concrete Leveling Foam Needed?
Here are a few reasons why concrete leveling foam is needed.
- Water is washing the dirt out from underneath your slab – If your property is sloped towards your driveway, sidewalk, patio, or any other form of slab, water could possibly be washing the dirt away from under your concrete. This can also occur when gutters are pouring water too close to your slab or a sewer line breaks, and wastewater begins to seep into the soil.
- The soil underneath your slab was improperly compacted – Before your slab is poured, the soil underneath must be properly compacted. This process shrinks the space between the soil particles and creates a dense foundation. If this process is skipped or done poorly, your slab can begin to sink.
- The soil underneath your slab is expansive – Expansive soil swells when it absorbs water, causing your slab to lift up. Then, when the soil dries, your slab can sink back down. This up-and-down movement can cause your slab to lift, sink, and crack.
- Tree roots are pushing your slab up – If you have large trees near your concrete slab, their roots can be working their way under your slab unnoticed. Roots can absorb all the water under your slab, causing the soil to shrink. If the tree dies, the roots can disintegrate and leave voids under your concrete.
CONCRETE LIFTING NEAR ME
Pinnacle Concrete Solutions (Concrete Lifting Near Me) are your local experts for all your lifting, leveling and concrete repair needs in Connecticut and surrounding states. Concrete slabs that are cracked, sunken or uneven can be both dangerous and a liability on your property. If you’re looking to avoid safety hazards and restore the curb appeal of your sidewalk, driveway, pool deck, parking lot or any other concrete surface, the experienced technicians at Pinnacle Concrete Solutions can help.
As your regional Foam concrete lifting company, we have the experience, expertise and equipment to level your sunken concrete and return it back to a safe, stable position. Don’t hesitate to call us or contact us online to schedule an on-site inspection your free cost estimate in Connecticut or an area nearby.